This Fear of Our Lord 2023
It’s popular now to pick a theme word for each new year instead of crafting a list of resolutions. As a lover of words, this idea appeals to me. And yet, the word I feel most drawn to for this year is far from the ordinary ones—joy and kindness, for instance. Instead, my theme word… Continue reading
Nuggets of Hospitality
One year ago, my husband and I launched a young adults’ life group for our church. I spent the entire day preparing. I tidied every inch of our house and polished the floors—by far my least favorite chore. I unpacked every charcuterie board (it turns out that I have quite a few) and carefully arranged… Continue reading
Hallmark Doesn’t Make Cards for That
Yesterday I searched and searched for a card, but could not find one suitable for this morning’s wedding—the most beautiful wedding I’ve ever attended. The bride was glowing, wearing a tee-shirt and wrapped in a beach towel. The groom wore a matching shirt and complementary towel. The wedding party wore swim trunks. It was a… Continue readingbaptism, baptism-wedding, baptismal, beautiful wedding, Bible church, Christian marriage, Christian wedding, chuch life, commitment, faith, faith in Christ, fidelity, Hallmark cards, inspiration, marriage, ministry life, obedience to Christ, pastor, pastor's wife, Prairie Bible Church, wedding, writer, writing
Our Temporary Eternal Flame
Many churches feature an “eternal flame” at the front of their sanctuaries, a continually-burning candle that signifies the presence of Christ. Our church, being nondenominational and fairly young, does not have such a candle. This week, however, we did have an eternal flame. When Prairie Bible Church first moved into its building, the congregation read… Continue readingBible, Bible church, christian, christian blog, Christian writer, christianity, church, church life, eternal flame, inspiration, life together, ministry, ministry life, nondenominational, pastor, pastor's wife, pastor's wife life, Prairie Bible Church, reading the whole Bible, scripture, study, worship, writer, writing
- Should we be Concerned that Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong is Contributing to our Culture of Immediate Gratification? On Patience and Using CCM Music in Worship
- “Lord, Lord” – A Poetic Reflection on Matthew 7:21-23
- Is Singing Music by Bethel and Hillsong Promoting Peace in the Body of Christ? The Answer is More Nuanced Than You Think.
- Rejoicing with the Truth: Does Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong Generate Genuine Joy in our Churches?
- Is it Loving to Sing Music by Bethel and Hillsong in Our Worship? Reexamining the Debate According to the Fruit of the Spirit Part 1