Why I Moved to Iowa
I was asked today how I knew moving to Iowa was the right choice. This picture is the closest I can come to an answer. In June 2021, two weeks before our wedding, Billy and I visited Iowa for him to interview at Prairie Bible Church and it was one of the worst weekends of… Continue reading
Foremost and fertile, it images the TrueVine in Whom all things are made and made anew.It is at once the soil and root:Love, agapé, the Spirit’s firstborn fruit. I’ll likely add more to this poem in the future, but it seemed thematic for Valentine’s Day. Did you know that love isn’t merely the first fruit… Continue reading
A Midwestern Take on Matthew 5:13-16
“You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet. “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light… Continue reading
Hallmark Doesn’t Make Cards for That
Yesterday I searched and searched for a card, but could not find one suitable for this morning’s wedding—the most beautiful wedding I’ve ever attended. The bride was glowing, wearing a tee-shirt and wrapped in a beach towel. The groom wore a matching shirt and complementary towel. The wedding party wore swim trunks. It was a… Continue readingbaptism, baptism-wedding, baptismal, beautiful wedding, Bible church, Christian marriage, Christian wedding, chuch life, commitment, faith, faith in Christ, fidelity, Hallmark cards, inspiration, marriage, ministry life, obedience to Christ, pastor, pastor's wife, Prairie Bible Church, wedding, writer, writing
Wednesday is a day of reorientation. Monday and Tuesday, I reflect on Sunday’s services. What went well? How did the music interact with the message? Was my preparation enough? On Wednesday, I turn my gaze toward the coming Sunday. I finalize my service binder, confirm my prelude and postlude, and rehearse with the choir. I… Continue readingblog, blogger, christian, christian blogger, Christian living, christian music, christianity, church, church musician, contemporary worship, devotional, faith, inspiration, journal, ministry, Music, music life, musician, organist, reflection, sacred music, theology and the arts, worship, writer, writing
- Should we be Concerned that Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong is Contributing to our Culture of Immediate Gratification? On Patience and Using CCM Music in Worship
- “Lord, Lord” – A Poetic Reflection on Matthew 7:21-23
- Is Singing Music by Bethel and Hillsong Promoting Peace in the Body of Christ? The Answer is More Nuanced Than You Think.
- Rejoicing with the Truth: Does Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong Generate Genuine Joy in our Churches?
- Is it Loving to Sing Music by Bethel and Hillsong in Our Worship? Reexamining the Debate According to the Fruit of the Spirit Part 1