The Midwest and Mortality: Reflections after a Tornado Warning
Continuing my latest string of mildly-morbid posts… When I lived in Arizona, I was invincible. At least, that’s how I felt. Sure, we had the odd monsoon and dust storm, but these rarely did anything more than shuffle our garbage bins down the street and coat our pool floaties in dirt. With only two seasons… Continue reading
I Envy Batman
My husband and I love Batman. He’s probably the only superhero I can actually stand. However, I envy him this one thing: the simplicity of his double identity. I would love to simply be “reclusive millionaire” by day and “avenger of the city” by night. Really, I just like the idea of having a clear… Continue reading
Why I Moved to Iowa
I was asked today how I knew moving to Iowa was the right choice. This picture is the closest I can come to an answer. In June 2021, two weeks before our wedding, Billy and I visited Iowa for him to interview at Prairie Bible Church and it was one of the worst weekends of… Continue reading
Foremost and fertile, it images the TrueVine in Whom all things are made and made anew.It is at once the soil and root:Love, agapé, the Spirit’s firstborn fruit. I’ll likely add more to this poem in the future, but it seemed thematic for Valentine’s Day. Did you know that love isn’t merely the first fruit… Continue reading
Thin Places – Podcast Recommendation and Personal Reflection
I listened to this podcast on my drive today and found it deeply enjoyable and thought-provoking. I am eager to read Tracy Balzer’s books and encourage you to listen as well! The conversation on this podcast also reminded me of my own experiences with “thin places” such as the hike to the Hermitage of St.… Continue reading
- Should we be Concerned that Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong is Contributing to our Culture of Immediate Gratification? On Patience and Using CCM Music in Worship
- “Lord, Lord” – A Poetic Reflection on Matthew 7:21-23
- Is Singing Music by Bethel and Hillsong Promoting Peace in the Body of Christ? The Answer is More Nuanced Than You Think.
- Rejoicing with the Truth: Does Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong Generate Genuine Joy in our Churches?
- Is it Loving to Sing Music by Bethel and Hillsong in Our Worship? Reexamining the Debate According to the Fruit of the Spirit Part 1