A Bit of Light Reading
Seven Books for Spooky Season
Autumn is upon us, which means I am devouring mystery novels. Here are a few of my favorite spooky season reads: Continue readingagatha christie, Book, book recommendations, bookish, books, donna tart, dorothy sayers, gaudy night, Good Reads, halloween, haunted, haunting of hill house, horror, novel, ray bradbury, Read, Reading, reads, sci-fi, secret history, short story, spook, spooky books, spooky reading, spooky season, stephen king, supernatural, thriller
Summer Reading: July 2020
Does anyone else miss summer reading programs? Although I continue to read more during the summer than any other time of year, there was a great satisfaction to completing reading challenges and earning prizes which adult life sadly lacks. Still, I thought I would share what I’ve been reading lately—that is, when I am not… Continue reading
Great (Thwarted) Expectations
Choosing to read Charles Dickens’ Great Expectations now of all times felt satisfyingly ironic. After all, my expectations for this season of life have been consistently frustrated. Like Pip, the novel’s protagonist, I spent the last year building grand, beautiful, ambitious plans only to have them come crashing down in painful succession. In reading Great… Continue reading
10 Reasons to Read Children’s Literature
I love children’s books: always have, always will. However, so many people pass the age of 12 and think they must “grow up.” They somehow rationalize leaving behind the lovely rows of Newberry Medal winners for the cringe-worthy gratuitousness of the “teen paranormal romance” section. When did that even become a section?! Or rather, WHY?! But I… Continue reading
- Should we be Concerned that Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong is Contributing to our Culture of Immediate Gratification? On Patience and Using CCM Music in Worship
- “Lord, Lord” – A Poetic Reflection on Matthew 7:21-23
- Is Singing Music by Bethel and Hillsong Promoting Peace in the Body of Christ? The Answer is More Nuanced Than You Think.
- Rejoicing with the Truth: Does Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong Generate Genuine Joy in our Churches?
- Is it Loving to Sing Music by Bethel and Hillsong in Our Worship? Reexamining the Debate According to the Fruit of the Spirit Part 1