Not the First and the Last
There is a hole in my ceiling. In the basement room where I practice organ, what began as mild water damage is now a hole. My first instinct was anxiety, but as I investigated our home’s new “feature” last night, the following phrase came to mind: “You are not the first to have water damage,… Continue reading
This Fear of Our Lord 2023
It’s popular now to pick a theme word for each new year instead of crafting a list of resolutions. As a lover of words, this idea appeals to me. And yet, the word I feel most drawn to for this year is far from the ordinary ones—joy and kindness, for instance. Instead, my theme word… Continue reading
- Ten Cheap and Instant Ways to Make Your Old-New House Feel Like Home
- Stop and Check Yourself. Are You Being Kind to People with Different Worship Tastes? Reestablishing the Terms of the Bethel-Hillsong Debate.
- Should we be Concerned that Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong is Contributing to our Culture of Immediate Gratification? On Patience and Using CCM Music in Worship
- “Lord, Lord” – A Poetic Reflection on Matthew 7:21-23
- Is Singing Music by Bethel and Hillsong Promoting Peace in the Body of Christ? The Answer is More Nuanced Than You Think.