Essential Equations: Goodness in Ministry and Music
I deeply enjoyed drafting the sixth chapter in my work in progress, Fruitful Worship, in which I considered the necessity of doctrinal, moral, and creative goodness for fruitful music and ministries. As I wrap up this chapter, I want to share the following, which may be helpful to those who, like me, might wonder where… Continue reading
Leaning toward Grace
Too often, I’ve heard professing Christians say, “I just lean more grace than truth.” This statement is used to simultaneously claim Christ while committing the sins that crucified him. Such statements ignore the nature of grace, which does not leave us to stew in sin but saves us from sin. Grace is not separate from… Continue reading
Publication – The Silent Carol
Recently, I had the joy of writing on my favorite carol for Deus ex Musica, a fantastic publication and resource for musicians, ministers, and students. You can read my article and listen to some beautiful recordings at the link below: https://www.deus-ex-musica.com/blog/2021/12/10/the-silent-carol Continue reading
The Wages of Sin are the DMV
By far the most aggravating thing about moving cross-country is dealing with local government—the most troublesome of all being the motor vehicle department. After several mornings of battling baffling websites, decade-long hold lines, and paperwork with inexplicable spaces, I cried out in despair…and then, I had an epiphany. The DMV is a consequence of humanity’s… Continue reading
- Should we be Concerned that Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong is Contributing to our Culture of Immediate Gratification? On Patience and Using CCM Music in Worship
- “Lord, Lord” – A Poetic Reflection on Matthew 7:21-23
- Is Singing Music by Bethel and Hillsong Promoting Peace in the Body of Christ? The Answer is More Nuanced Than You Think.
- Rejoicing with the Truth: Does Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong Generate Genuine Joy in our Churches?
- Is it Loving to Sing Music by Bethel and Hillsong in Our Worship? Reexamining the Debate According to the Fruit of the Spirit Part 1