Hallmark Doesn’t Make Cards for That
Yesterday I searched and searched for a card, but could not find one suitable for this morning’s wedding—the most beautiful wedding I’ve ever attended. The bride was glowing, wearing a tee-shirt and wrapped in a beach towel. The groom wore a matching shirt and complementary towel. The wedding party wore swim trunks. It was a… Continue readingbaptism, baptism-wedding, baptismal, beautiful wedding, Bible church, Christian marriage, Christian wedding, chuch life, commitment, faith, faith in Christ, fidelity, Hallmark cards, inspiration, marriage, ministry life, obedience to Christ, pastor, pastor's wife, Prairie Bible Church, wedding, writer, writing
No Unequally Yoked
Once, as I was struggling in a poor relationship, my mom reminded me of 2 Corinthians 6:14. Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14, ESV The image of “unequally yoked” was somewhat foreign to me, having grown up… Continue reading
I have walked down the aisle many times throughout my life: when leading a children’s processional, rushing to a band practice, or walking with dignity to the choir loft. I remember, most strikingly, the first time I walked down the aisle at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church in St. Andrew’s, Scotland. I was one of a… Continue reading
A Couplet for Couples
The sweetest submission I now know is this: To bow before his gentle forehead kiss. “Wives, submit to your husbands, as to the Lord…Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor…” Ephesians… Continue reading
The Royal Wedding
The Royal Wedding was beautiful: the flowers, the music, the gown, and- of course- the fabulous array of hats. But this event was not just a stunning example of a wedding ceremony, but of a liturgy. It was set in a gorgeous chapel, featured traditional English hymns, and presented a rich theology in both the message… Continue reading
- Should we be Concerned that Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong is Contributing to our Culture of Immediate Gratification? On Patience and Using CCM Music in Worship
- “Lord, Lord” – A Poetic Reflection on Matthew 7:21-23
- Is Singing Music by Bethel and Hillsong Promoting Peace in the Body of Christ? The Answer is More Nuanced Than You Think.
- Rejoicing with the Truth: Does Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong Generate Genuine Joy in our Churches?
- Is it Loving to Sing Music by Bethel and Hillsong in Our Worship? Reexamining the Debate According to the Fruit of the Spirit Part 1