Spirit Songs…or Lack Thereof
I have written extensively on the role of the Holy Spirit in musical worship, specifically in the following posts: Pedals and Pandemic Be Thou My Breath Four Reasons Your Church Should have a Choir The Fruit of the Spirit in Worship While the singing of Christians is innately spiritual, there seems to be a significant… Continue readingband, blogger, chord chart, christian blogger, christian contemporary music, church band, church musician, contemporary worship, evangelical, hymnals, lead sheet, organ, songs, Spirit, traditional church music, worship, worship eader, worship leader, worship musician, worship songs, worship talks, worship thoughts, writing
The Fruit of the Spirit in Worship
I have written extensively on singing as a scriptural mandate, as essential evidence and enforcement of the Holy Spirit’s ministry. For reference, please see my previous posts, “Four Reasons Your Church Should have a Choir” and “Preaching as the Choir”. Worshipful music (note that not all “worship music” is necessarily worshipful) must be practiced and… Continue reading
Theology of Worship Panel – Part 2
I had the absolute joy of speaking on music-making, spiritual formation, and worship last night at Redemption Church Arcadia. It was such a fruitful time of sharing my thesis on musical practice as spiritual formation and then discussing how this factors into congregational worship. You can watch and listen here (slides included below): “There is… Continue reading
- Should we be Concerned that Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong is Contributing to our Culture of Immediate Gratification? On Patience and Using CCM Music in Worship
- “Lord, Lord” – A Poetic Reflection on Matthew 7:21-23
- Is Singing Music by Bethel and Hillsong Promoting Peace in the Body of Christ? The Answer is More Nuanced Than You Think.
- Rejoicing with the Truth: Does Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong Generate Genuine Joy in our Churches?
- Is it Loving to Sing Music by Bethel and Hillsong in Our Worship? Reexamining the Debate According to the Fruit of the Spirit Part 1