Is it Loving to Sing Music by Bethel and Hillsong in Our Worship? Reexamining the Debate According to the Fruit of the Spirit Part 1
The fruit of the Spirit is love. Love is not only listed first among the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23; it is the root of the fruit. For Christians, love is not a stand-alone virtue. Instead, it must contain and convey joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Without these, love… Continue reading
Spirit Songs…or Lack Thereof
I have written extensively on the role of the Holy Spirit in musical worship, specifically in the following posts: Pedals and Pandemic Be Thou My Breath Four Reasons Your Church Should have a Choir The Fruit of the Spirit in Worship While the singing of Christians is innately spiritual, there seems to be a significant… Continue readingband, blogger, chord chart, christian blogger, christian contemporary music, church band, church musician, contemporary worship, evangelical, hymnals, lead sheet, organ, songs, Spirit, traditional church music, worship, worship eader, worship leader, worship musician, worship songs, worship talks, worship thoughts, writing
- Should we be Concerned that Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong is Contributing to our Culture of Immediate Gratification? On Patience and Using CCM Music in Worship
- “Lord, Lord” – A Poetic Reflection on Matthew 7:21-23
- Is Singing Music by Bethel and Hillsong Promoting Peace in the Body of Christ? The Answer is More Nuanced Than You Think.
- Rejoicing with the Truth: Does Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong Generate Genuine Joy in our Churches?
- Is it Loving to Sing Music by Bethel and Hillsong in Our Worship? Reexamining the Debate According to the Fruit of the Spirit Part 1