Church Growth Prayer
Teach me, Lord, to number my daysInstead of counting sheep: To live as faithfully for the oneAs for the ninety-nine.May it be as I lay down to sleepThat I rest in the victory you’ve wonBeyond any success I’d claim as mine. Continue reading
My troubled soul shall magnify the LordWhose glory proves through my humiliation.May it be unto me according to his wordFor the promised hope of this, my own nation. The Master works through my humbled estateAs the fitting tool to smooth my splintered grain.He gives and takes away and by his greatCraft turns my lonesome loss… Continue reading
Late Night Writes
When night falls yet I cannot sleep, words crowd my brain. The following two poems, one serious and the other silly, are the products of last night’s writing: “Hover” I lay still in my bed yet hover ‘tween the sheets propelled by the heart which wakefully beats. A’whirl my mind spirals through darkening, deep space… Continue readinganxiety poetry, funny poem, humor, insomnia, inspiration, journal, late night, late night inspiraton, night writing, poem, poems, poet, poetry, poetry about fear, poetry about insomnia, poetry about nervousness, poetry about poets, poetry about writing, poetry humor, poets, rhyme, up late, write night, writer, writer’s block, writing, writing humor, writing process
- Ten Cheap and Instant Ways to Make Your Old-New House Feel Like Home
- Stop and Check Yourself. Are You Being Kind to People with Different Worship Tastes? Reestablishing the Terms of the Bethel-Hillsong Debate.
- Should we be Concerned that Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong is Contributing to our Culture of Immediate Gratification? On Patience and Using CCM Music in Worship
- “Lord, Lord” – A Poetic Reflection on Matthew 7:21-23
- Is Singing Music by Bethel and Hillsong Promoting Peace in the Body of Christ? The Answer is More Nuanced Than You Think.