Is Singing Music by Bethel and Hillsong Promoting Peace in the Body of Christ? The Answer is More Nuanced Than You Think.
Peace is a sorely abused fruit of the Spirit. Too often we are told to “keep the peace,” meaning to keep quiet and refrain from speaking hard truths. But the beatitude is “blessed are the peacemakers.” Makers. There is more to peace than comfortability and tolerance. Instead, it is about Christ making peace for us… Continue reading
Three o’Clock in the Morning
Three in the morning, an hour of woe, Breathes heartache and mourning and deepest sorrow. Its minutes are counted with seconds and sighs As in blanket-mound bed fears dance ‘fore sore eyes. The moments just lumber- a funeral dirge- While we, seeking slumber, turn, toss on its verge. The stillness is silence as cold as… Continue reading
Joy of Morning
God’s love is like a morning, Arising in my soul. A perfect, constant dawning, So warm and wonderful. . Though the earthly night surrounds, It cannot pierce within. Dark of death no more is found, Nor cold of pain and sin. . Day seems a bright beginning, Yet noontide is past. In… Continue reading
Rest and Laziness: They are Different!
I am a busy person, not necessarily because I have committed to a lot or because my parents expect a lot from me, but because I make everything I am passionate about into a serious commitment and expect a lot of myself. (Started piano lessons? Practice to be accepted as a piano major at a conservatory. Enjoyed… Continue reading
- Should we be Concerned that Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong is Contributing to our Culture of Immediate Gratification? On Patience and Using CCM Music in Worship
- “Lord, Lord” – A Poetic Reflection on Matthew 7:21-23
- Is Singing Music by Bethel and Hillsong Promoting Peace in the Body of Christ? The Answer is More Nuanced Than You Think.
- Rejoicing with the Truth: Does Using Music by Bethel and Hillsong Generate Genuine Joy in our Churches?
- Is it Loving to Sing Music by Bethel and Hillsong in Our Worship? Reexamining the Debate According to the Fruit of the Spirit Part 1